Flood Damage Restoration
Serving Raleigh, Lillington, Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, and the surrounding areas.
During hurricane season or periods of unusually high amounts of rainfall, flood damage may occur from rising groundwater. Flooding in the basement or crawlspace is the most common type of residential flood damage. When you need flood water damage restoration services, call the experienced experts at PHC Restoration at 910-814-2502. We’re here for you 24/7!
Flood Restoration Is Essential
Flood water damage can occur in homes and businesses that are built below grade or in low-lying areas. In areas with a history of poor water drainage, flood damage occurs more often. Based on our first-hand experience, flood damage can come from broken utility lines such as public water and sewer lines. Plumbing leaks, burst pipes, appliance malfunctions, or even gas leaks can also lead to flood and water damage. Having excess water, or standing water, in your home can lead to a number of immediate and long-term issues including structural damage to your home or business and mold growth that can impact your health.
Regardless of where the damage originates from, quick flood restoration reduces the amount of damage that can occur to your home or business.
Protect Your Home from Flood Damage
Flood damage coverage varies among insurance companies. Your policy may or may not cover all of the water damage restoration work that you need. Drawing on our 50 years of experience, flood damage resulting from exterior water intrusion will not be covered by most insurance policies. The only way to know the extent of your flood insurance coverage is to call your insurance carrier.
Waiting for an insurance coverage determination can take some time. While you wait, there is a lot you can do to prevent further damage after a flood event occurs. The first thing to do when you have a flood is to call a reputable damage restoration company. The expert water damage technicians at PHC are experienced in flood damage cleanup and can quickly respond to your emergency.
Flood Cleanup Tips
From our experience, here are some flood cleanup steps that you can take before the restoration services begin:
- Assess the safety of the situation. Safely determine the depth of water or the amount of water coming in, and any potential electrical threats. Use caution! Walking through flooded areas can be hazardous.
- If it’s safe to walk through the area, move any valuable items that are threatened by impending flood waters to a safe location.
- Try to stop the water from coming in by using sandbags or weighted materials to slow the in-flow of water.
- Move items off the floor, especially porous materials that could easily be damaged by flood waters.
- Take lots of pictures! If you want to pursue reimbursement from the insurance company you’ll need documentation for your insurance company. Remember to take pictures of the source (interior and exterior) and of any damaged items in the flooded area.
Flood Damage Expertise
PHC Restoration provides unmatched professional flood restoration services throughout Raleigh and Lillington. Our certified water damage technicians are trained weekly on safety and technical topics by the only person in North Carolina to hold four Restoration Industry Association advanced designations: our experienced Restoration Technical Director.
Some of our certifications:
- Water Loss Specialist #133 (Josh Smith)
- Certified Mold Professional #36 (Josh Smith)
- Certified Restorer #578 (Josh Smith)
- Certified Restorer #577 (Katie Smith)
- Contents Loss Specialist #24 (Josh Smith)
- IICRC Certified Firm
- Master Water Restorer
- Journeyman Water Restorer
- Applied Structural Drying
- Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Carpet Repair and Reinstallation
PHC Restoration proudly offers water damage restoration and repair services in Raleigh, Lillington, Nort Carolina, and the surrounding areas. The sooner you call, the sooner we can get to work repairing flood damage at your home or business.
We came in on a Monday to half of our office being flooded with at least a couple of inches of water. PHC Restoration was on site within an hour of calling Josh with this emergency. The entire staff was professional, friendly, and very efficient! I would like to specifically give a shout out to Ray, Kenny, Eric, Jeff, and Doyle who were there everyday working hard to get us back up and running. We were very impressed with the quality of work and professionalism shown to us by PHC Restoration!
Have a Question?
PHC Restoration is here to help. Give us a call!
Flood Damage Restoration Blog
Three Steps to Prepare for Carolina Hurricane Season
Forecasting First, keep up with forecasts because models are known to change frequently. Homeowners Insurance Second, review your insurance policy! According to the North Carolina Department of Insurance, here are a few things you should do with Hurricane Season among...
How to avoid laundry room flooding
When was the last time you checked your washing machine hose for possible aging and leaks? Water supply lines for washing machines are often made of rubber or plastic so they don’t rust, but they can deteriorate over time. It’s important to replace these lines if...
Your Homeowners Insurance May Not Cover
We all know disasters can strike our homes or businesses at any time whether it be a busted water pipe, a grease fire or tornado damage. We all do what we can to prevent damage to our homes but sometimes accidents, weather and part failures are out of our control; so...