While the EPA states that the research on mold and health effects is ongoing, there is a potential for them to cause health problems.  Molds produce allergens and inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals.  Allergic reactions are common and include the following:  sneezing, red eyes, skin rash, asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic, and can irritate the throat or lungs.

It is important to get rid of all molds and mold spores indoors.  Since it cannot grow if water is not present and spores can be found floating through the air and in house dust; it is important to fix the cause of the water damage first and then contain the mold so the spores will not float in search of another wet area in your house to grow.  A lot of homeowners feel like they can take care of the mold in their own homes by using bleach.  This method isn’t recommended; instead if you detect it in your home, you should contact a professional to access the microbial growth.  PHC uses anti-microbials to clean affected areas; has technicians on staff that are trained in Microbial Remediation; and follows OSHA, EPA, and other industry approved methods and guidelines for removing mold.